Cost - 60%
Features - 40%
Layout - 80%
Search - 50%
User Base - 40%
Look and Feel
Afroromance is very easy to use, without the overabundance of ads that many of the free dating sites employ as a means to make money. It has a very modern and professional feel, and it’s easy to find what you are looking for.
Sign Up Process
The sign up process for AfroRomance is very simple and takes about five minutes to complete.
Step one? Put in your zip or postal code. Second, you must state who you are and what you’re looking for: man looking for man, man looking for woman, woman looking for man, or woman looking for woman. Then you put in your email address and date of birth. Last of all, you create a user name and password. Once you have finished the sign up process, you’re free to search for potential matches and view their profiles.
The search options are straightforward and surprisingly robust. At any level, you can look at anyone’s profile, like their pictures and flirt with them. Another section that shows you the people online that you can currently talk to. However, if you want to email or chat with other users, you must be a paid subscriber.
If you choose to subscribe and connect with other users, you will have to become a VIP member and choose from one of the three payment options: six months for $69.99, 3 months for $39.50, or one month for $19.95.
The Fine Print: Terms and Conditions
Like most singles, you likely don’t read the fine print with a dating site before signing up . (Tsk tsk).
Then again, why bother when I’ve written this Afroromance review and covered all the heavy lifting for you?
So, here’s the most important stuff you need to know:
- You must be 18 years old and single or separated.
- You may cancel your membership and subscription at anytime, but if you are going to cancel, you’ll lose all access to the site.
- If you terminate your subscription, you will still have access to services until the end of the subscription you paid for. For example, if you paid for a six month subscription in January that will end in June, but you cancelled in March, you will still have access until June.
- By creating a profile on Afroromance, it might show up on one of their sister sites as well (with no way to change this).
- Anything you post, upload or basically do on the site can be used – forever – by the site for whatever purposes they see fit. Usually this means your pictures and/or profile could be used in marketing materials.
- Questions about your account? Talk to customer service.
- No soliciting on the site, or using Afroromance for “professional” purposes.
The Bottom Line on This Afroromance Review
As you’ll see from the (real) Afroromance reviews below, there isn’t a lot of support or help once you’ve paid your fees. I didn’t meet anyone through the site, nor did I receive a reply to any of the messages I sent. In contrast, I received a lot of messages from men much older than my requested age bracket, and many of them were aggressive and forward.
Do I recommend it? No, not really. Then again, I’ve heard from several folks who have met their sweetheart there – please do comment if that’s the case for you.