Cost - 10%
Features - 20%
Layout - 60%
Search - 40%
User Base - 10%
Focused on non-English language speaking singles, a FriendScout24 review is a bit tricky as they limit their users and all sign-ups to people in the European countries they service (Germany, Spain, Holland, Italy, France Switzerland, and Austria). So, I reached out to some of my friends and clients and asked them for their input.
- Um, I honestly couldn’t find any. They specialize in non-English speaking singles? They limit users to the areas they cover? Yea, that’s about it.
- Oh, wait. Women can sign up and use the site for free.
- Yes, I admit, the layout is eye-catching. I’ll give them that.
- Automatic billing, meaning, if you sign up and pay for the service, you’ll get automatically billed again for the same amount when your subscription runs out;
- Poor customer service. No one I spoke to was able to get their concerns or problems dealt with. At all.
- No refunds. No matter what.
- Real users? I don’t think so. I couldn’t contact any other female members and actually have them reply to my questions. All of the folks I spoke with were male, heterosexual, and had paid for the service.
- No publicly posted fees; I couldn’t find their membership costs anywhere, and, the reports I heard from men ranged dramatically.
- To cancel, you have to give 14 days notice in writing; see their terms of service for a form you can use that details everything (it’s surprisingly extensive).
Overall My FriendScout24 Review – Should You Use It?
Hell to the no. Don’t pass go, don’t collect $200, just get out of there as fast as you can. Not one FriendScount24 review that I could find was in any way positive or happy with the service. In fact, after ten years of picking about dating sites to help people decide if they should join, this is the first time I’ve come across only negative comments for a dating company. Usually, there’s at least *one* person who loves them.
In this case, I couldn’t even find one (yes, I looked). If you’re the first (or, not), I’d love to hear your FriendScout24 review; just scroll down and add your experience in the comments.